Tuesday 28 June 2011

The Power of the Sun

As I idly stretch, and slyly smile;
I look outside and think a while,
My future seems bright and the course seems true,
I am a million miles from the past week or two!
Is it the sun and the magic of her love,
That from beneath my troubles has lifted me above?
Or something else that I cannot see,
That has come from the blue but always been in me;
I know it so, and to me it please;
Because it is a result of both of these.
From the sun, love and all her wealth,
But the choice to act could be made only by myself.
Now I will continue to make myself better
And for her love I will always serve, and will never forget her,
I cannot choose her path in life,
I can but hope that she will stay, be my friend, lover, husband and wife?
All I can do is love her so
And support her and do my best for her, where ever she may go.
The gift of life she has given unto me,
So always and forever I am hers, eternally.
She may wish to leave me be,
Never I will stop her in being free;
And if she should ever need me, or should ever fall,
I shall be there with her, I would give her my all,
For to love and to never expect any return,
Is the only way in love to learn;
So for her I shall be as selfless as a mother,
The only way to being a true lover,
I will always praise the sun for shining on me,
And in her light of all things see only the beauty.
I have been down many paths not so great,
But of my past and my mistakes I do not regret and do not hate,
Without them I could never be me,
And this sunny world I would not see,
I do not ever want to go backwards though,
For in myself and in the sun, I only want to grow;
I do not expect it all to be an easy ride,
Of my fears, I must face; I can no longer run and hide.
This is the only way to ever truly be free,
And in this sun I can finally see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment