Wednesday 29 June 2011

Summer Sunlight (It Lights My Heart)

The sun shines all over today,
And in the gardens and leas
The dance of the butterflies begin to play,
And with a bit of hay-fever I do sometimes sneeze;
But never will it stop me, from
Smelling sweet flowers and climbing trees.

A soft kissing breeze picks up
In the clear cloudless skies,
Gaiety and mirth overflow in the pup,
As she canters and bounds after flies;
And nothing today can diminish this smile
Even in the afternoon storm surprise.

In the Summer glow I can feel
Nothing other than utter joy;
New-born everything seems so real,
And I: the curious little boy.
The sun's sun beams, she does,
But in my courting advances she is so coy.

No more! I cannot live,
Without my partner - this smile,
And for it, anything I would give
And would walk a million mile.
I can but love, only until forever
Or until my mind senile!

O heavenly world what more can you do!
This love shines so brightly
And from here, so do you.

No comments:

Post a Comment