Wednesday 2 February 2011

Last Night

Last night I bought some cigarettes and whiskey,
I sat on the sand down by the sea,
I drank and smoked for hours in the dark night,
I am pathetic and worthless at best alright,
All I could think about was dying,
I gave it to the Gods for trying,
A little note sat in my pocket to find on my corpse,
Dying is not what I wanted not one of my hopes,
I died out there by the sea in the sand,
An angel picked me up and led my drunk body by hand,
I awoke in the light of day back in my bed,
I had been kept from becoming dead,
I could not move all I done was stare,
I had no thought of feeling no life no care,
Part of me washed up on the shore today,
It sits next to a piece of me from another day,
There is not much of me left and the tide is coming in,
On the sand my life will end before it has chance to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment