Tuesday 6 September 2011

Climb Down

I am the sandstone block,
And your just a little drip,
Yet you still wear me down
Bit by bit.
I look into your eyes,
Devoid of remorse
And so cold to see,
But you don't look
You don't look at me,
You don't see the love within,
Past the tears that begin to fill,
This eye,
This me,
This I;
And all I want to do is be with you,
I want to pick you up and shake you,
Until you tell me why!
Why, why, why?
Why do I lust for you so,
And why do I love you more,
Why do I hold you so close,
And in a heartbeat let you go?
Why do I cry with pain
And get angry with you;
Why are all my happiest moments,
When it is just us two?
What is it you do,
To make me feel so high;
So high I can never come down,
So high I can touch the sky,
So high so high,
When I am with you,
I can feel it die.

No comments:

Post a Comment