Friday 8 July 2011

Walking Blindly In The Sun

The back cover closed
On my failed pharmaceutical fable,
I set some goals to distract
And tell all of the new, better way
That I will react
If I should no longer want to stay;
And my future looks bright,
If I can stick to my story.

Through pain and glory,
The sun shines brighter each day;
And though I know
The sun might not stay,
I stoke it brighter
By sending the blame her way
And taking motivation from the light
To help me last out the night.

Forward and blinkered,
I must trot on;
Never to search and never to find,
Never to entertain the thoughts
Of my doppelgänger's mind:
Those dark days are gone?
And my future looks bright,
If I can stick to my story,

Through Pain and glory:
The sun shines bright each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment