Wednesday 10 November 2010

The Last Day On Earth

A perfect day of summer’s rain,
Nothing to lose and so much to gain,
Nowhere to go and nothing to do,
A beach empty for a mile or two,
The world seen in monochrome,
This old photo I call my home,
The gulls avoid my every move,
In this place I have nothing to prove,
I look up into the skies so grey,
There are no words which I can pray,
As the tears roll down my cheeks,
The day has turned into weeks,
Yet the rain still dashes upon my skin,
And washes away all my sin,
Alone in perfect desolation,
This is my permanent rehabilitation,
Not a breath doth cross my lips,
Upon the sea there are no ships,
The wind has chilled my body numb,
I stand alone waiting for it to come,
I dare not move in case I miss,
Heaven’s Angel’s beckoning kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment