Thursday 11 November 2010

The Place

Btwixt the beach and the brine,
The pier and thee,
There lies a place people seldom see,
A paradise oasis overlooked by dune,
A place so still: forgotten by time,
A place at its best from July to June,
This place is a gift given to a few,
this place that I know so well,
also known by you.

This is the place where all woes are lost,
washed away by the tide,
come stay for a while,
I go: And from the world I hide,
Nothingness and beauty as far as I can see,
This place lit by Angels good grace,
This place is my felicity.

To this place I return day after day,
I've often prayed for death,
so in this place I can stay,
Let the sands cover my body,
And become my tomb,
I feel so safe: A baby in the womb.

Up at the sky I search for the truth,
Tears fall in eulogy for a disenchanted youth,
Lost in a sea of grey, white and blue,
I sail for hours,
Reborn I become; soul clean and anew.

This place carries no emotions,
Other than devastation and joy,
A place where a man can live as a boy,
A place so perfect and heavenly,
A place btwixt the beach and the brine,
The pier and thee,
This place is for you;
This place is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment