Wednesday 10 November 2010

The Sunrise To My Sky

The Sunrise To My Sky

Wheels that consistently turn,
Dreams for which I eternally yearn,
Space from which I can sail from and be free,
Lakes, downs, fells and brigs: where ever we may be,
Hold my hand let me feel your heart beat,
Climb upon my back and take the weight from your feet,
I did not manage to catch the beast,
From what I have I shall make you a feast,
You can rest fatigued and showing,
I can stay awake keep the wood hot and glowing,
You rise from your slumber like an angel from high,
You are the sunrise in my sky.

Turning forward into places yet unknown,
Behind us a trail of happiness that we hath sown,
Our hands together clammy and warm but still,
To be here with you my blood I would spill,
Late spring early summer sun,
We join the butterflies around the maypole tree for fun,
When it is time for afternoon tea,
We drink it with honey courtesy a friendly little bee,
Evening comes I make us a bed from brush and heather,
No need for cover in this perfect summer weather,
We tell each other stories and tales of a far,
After you we name the brightest star,
Before I sleep I look into your eye,
You are the moon that lights up my sky.

As we sleep hands still entwined,
So in our dreams each other we can find,
As we ride rapids through eternal fields of flowers,
We save the world with our super powers,
Dreams of falling doth bring me no qualms,
As I always land in your arms,
Dreams filled with constant laughter and joy,
Once I was the girl and you were a boy,
Our dreams are endless in what we can be,
They are always perfect because you dream them with me,
I never wake with a sigh because next to me is where you lie,
And you are the sunrise to my sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment