Thursday 18 November 2010

Trying To Lose Myself

On boat, car and train,
I travel many different places,
And I travel back again,
No matter where I am going,I am always on my own,
It is quite a lonely existence,
Travelling to unsympathetic engine drone,
I travel for many reasons,
Some reasons big and some reasons small,
But the only real reason I travel for,
Is to escape from it all.
I travel many places,
Some places near and some places far,
I had planned to travel Europe,
Until drink driving cost me my car,
I've picked up rides from strangers,
I've lied and told them tales of woe,
'As far as you can' or 'anywhere' I have said,
When asked where I wanted to go,
I have never really had;
A specific destination,
All this really is;
Is expensive procrastination.
My journeys lead me full circle,
I always end up back at home,
Going round and round like a cyclist,
Inside the velodrome,
I hope and pray that one day,
I will justify this cost,
And go - leave;
Never to return -
Hopefully get lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment