Wednesday 10 November 2010

The Runaway Train

Free: Am I free?
Is anybody free?
Is everybody free?
Are our lives just microcosms:
Just small parts of a larger entity?
This world is anything but free,
We are the dogs kept at bay by the long leash,
It is only when we try to go further than they want,
That we realize we have never been free,
Those that keep us blissfully ignorant in our lives,
Spend so long trying to attain a better life that;
By the time they have achieved it…
They are just too long in the tooth to enjoy it!
Freedom is a concept; an ideal if you will believe it.
Freedom can be the ability to use free thinking,
Or at its absolute it allows one to do whatever they can imagine!
This type of freedom can never be achieved,
Our leashes are weighed too heavily down by,
The material, the physical and the emotional,
I don’t want the life I see on TV,
I don’t want what nine out of ten people recommend,
I want to have what that one person recommended.
I want to be that person,
Without a cause: without even an effect,
The blinking cursor riding the letters across the page.
I want for nothing in the life other than to be truly happy,
I don’t think in a million years of following the crowd,
That I could ever be truly happy,

This world just isn’t big enough for me,
I need to leave: Breakout,
The magma deep inside has been bubbling for some time now,
I am trying to do what is expected by others,
But all I want to think about is myself!
Surely this path can only lead to self-destruction?
A runaway train in desperate need of steering!

No comments:

Post a Comment