Wednesday 10 November 2010

Simple Things

As I sailed upon my briny bed,
The cold water numbed me from toe to head,
My spirit leisurely floating up above,
An experience of pure love.
As a piece of wood I drifted out to sea,
My only thoughts were that ‘I’m free’!
The clouds rolled into and out of view,
Nirvana! My being had become a new.
The gulls dived between me and the shore for their fishy food,
I stayed perfectly still so as not to be rude,
They all looked as peaceful as can be,
I was at peace as they were with me.
At once a butterfly ambled by,
To distant lands I think he doth fly.
I watch the people upon the sands,
Walking, paddling, holding hands,
I don’t care for them I am out of reach,
In the distance: Them on the beach,
Out here I can shout and scream every word,
No one will hear, it will never be heard.
I roll and dive and thrash about,
As a child or as a playful trout.
I do not wish to live here forever,
But to stay much longer would not be clever.
I head for the shore meandering through the swell,
A taste of heaven but to no-one I tell,
This place has been made just for me,
This place where I am totally free.

No comments:

Post a Comment